Rihanna’s “Birthday Cake” remix featuring Chris Brown has debuted at this week’s Billboard Hot 100 chart at #63. The track has been added to iTunes and is gaining great radio updates daily.
“We Found Love” remains in the Top 10 at No. 6. The track is Rihanna’s biggest Billboard hit, click here to check them all. [SOURCE]
What happens when the Femme Fatale herself teams up with one of the Loudest singers in the game? Well, you get the sexy, saucy remix of Rihanna's "S&M" featuring Britney Spears, which dropped Monday (April 11).
The same day the track became available for public consumption, Rihanna called into New York radio station Z-100 to talk about getting the pop star on the track. "At first, we didn't know what the song was going to do because of the lyrics, but it became really big on radio and it's #1 at Pop this week. In order to do a remix, it had to be major," she explained. "I asked my fans last week who they wanted me to collaborate with, and Britney was one of the most popular names."
( Read More )
It has been a strong month for record-breaking chart performances by women. Taylor Swift opened up the proceedings by moving one million copies of her third album Speak Now in a single week and then managed to get every single one of those tracks into the Billboard Hot 100. The Ke$ha's new single "We R Who We R" debuted at the top of the chart (that's only the 17th time that has happened).
Rihanna, whose new album Loud comes out this Tuesday, November 12, is the latest chart conqueror. Her new single "What's My Name?" made a gigantic leap into the number one spot on this week's Hot 100, knocking off Ke$ha and giving her a third chart-topper this year (she previously topped the chart by herself with "Rude Boy" and with Eminem on "Love the Way You Lie"). She is the first artist to score three chart-toppers in a single year since 2008 — when she herself scored the trifecta with "Take a Bow," "Disturbia" and on the chorus of T.I.'s "Live Your Life."
For her career, Rihanna has six solo singles that made it to the top of the chart and has eight appearances overall if you include the two collaborations above. While she still has a ways to go before she can catch up with Mariah Carey (who owns the record for chart-topping singles by a solo artist with 18), but she already has two trifectas to Carey's one (she topped the charts with "Someday," "I Don't Wanna Cry" and "Emotions" in 1991). Madonna had three number one songs in a 12 month span, though the feat fell across two different calendar years (1986 and 1987). All told, it's an amazing feat that should get the market excited not only for Loud but also for Rihanna's long and fruitful future.
- The orchestrated version of “Run This Town” (by Jay-Z feat. Rihanna) created by E.S. Posthumus and which Jay-Z performed at the Superbowl Kickoff in February has been officially released to iTunes under the Roc Nation imprint, in its studio format. Download/listen to it here and cop on iTunes here.
- A new “Run This Town” version called “We Run This” (by Jay-Z feat. Lil’ Wayne & Rihanna) was also released a few days ago. Click here to listen to it.
FYI: “Run This Town” peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100, number one in the U.K. and won two Grammy Awards: Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
Rihanna remixes the cover of Rated R for Rated R: Remixed, a collection of 10 songs from her fourth album reworked by dance remixer Chew Fu. The May 25th release should hold fans off until her next project, on which she is working with Rico Love, Timbaland, and Sean Garrett, among others.
The “Rude Boy” singer is currently on tour in Europe, where she will shoot a video for “Te Amo” in Paris with director Anthony Mandler.
Rihanna met up with Travis Barker on Monday (March 22) for a little “Rockstar 101.” The Blink-182 drummer posted the photo above and had this to say: “Teaching Rihanna some things on drums. She JAMS!!!!! Watch out for her!!”
Could they be working on a rock remix of her No. 1 hit “Rude Boy”? The two previously collaborated on an “Umbrella” remix.
- Rihanna’s Rated R sold 21,700 albums in the US this week, bringing her total sales in the country to 731,900.
- Rihanna is rumoured to be planning a huge girls’ night out for her gal pal Katy Perry before her upcoming wedding to Russell Brand. “Katy’s totally excited and keeps telling Russell her party is going to be every bit as wild as any party he and his boys will throw! She and Rihanna have become very, very close. So Rihanna has offered to plan a girls’ getaway and also help out with anything else Katy needs for the wedding.” a source tells Perez Hilton.
- Rihanna is going to cover a new magazine pretty soon – probably ELLE Magazine. The photos were taken earlier this week.
- 6 Rude Boy Remixes are currently available only at Masterbeat.com. If you wish to listen/buy them, click here. Masterbeat.com is a new major online music retailer — and while you’re there, check out the ten free tracks (including another Rihanna remix) the site’s offered up to celebrate their launch: http://masterbeat.com/free.
- Portuguese and Brazilian fans can now buy Rihanna’s NOKIA 5230 edition. Click here to watch the commercial.
- “#RihannaRudeBoy” was a Trending Topic on Twitter yesterday. Good job, fans! If you still don’t follow Rihanna Daily on Twitter, follow now!
Def Jam hired DJ Brooklyn Zoo to remix 10 tracks of Rated R for a remix album that will be released in February.
Take a look at the DJ’s tweets below:
- Def Jam asked me to pick 10 Rihanna tracks to remix, for a complete remix album release in February. My deadline is January 18.
- I’m planning on releasing a Rated R mega-mix with all the snippets in January.
- Just finished my fix for “Rihanna/Gangsta 4 life”, now working on Rihanna: “Wait Your Turn”,”Rude Boy”,”Fire Bomb” and “Te Amo”.
- Started o/t last 6 tracks for the Rihanna “Rated R” remix album. Russian Roullette, Hard, Stupid in Love, Photographs are approved by Def Jam.
- Working on a mix for the refix album I’m doing for Rihanna/Def Jam… grinded on the fix for “RockStar”. Doing 10 tracks in total.
Click here to follow him on Twitter and here to visit his blog.
Kevin Hastings, Rihanna’s keyboard player, told RihannaDaily.com that the Rihanna band, now called The Mad House, is coming out with something special every week, called The Rih-MIX! More info to come soon. It’s gonna be super fun and a great thing for Rihanna fans everywhere!
Thanks, Kevin! We can’t wait!
Click here to follow him on Twitter!
LISTEN/DOWNLOAD Kardinal Offishall REMIX
LISTEN/DOWNLOAD Urban Noize REMIX